Term and condition
Low Cost Appliances Trading name of Centraa LTD. Please note that customers purchasing from our retail showroom should refer to in store terms of trading. We reserve the right to alter the terms of trading from time to time.
Address: 11 Millington Road, 5th Floor Hyde Park Hayes 3,
Hayes, Middlesex, United Kingdom,
By post using our address by email to - email@example.com or by telephone - 0333 344 6812
These are the terms and conditions on which we supply products to you. Please read these terms carefully before you submit your order to us.
All orders are accepted by the Company subject to and in accordance with these Conditions. These Conditions override and exclude any terms or conditions in or referred to in any negotiations or course of dealing between the Company and the Customer or set out in the Customer's standard terms and conditions. If there is any conflict between the other provisions of this Catalogue and these Conditions; or the provisions of the order and these Conditions
these Conditions will prevail unless the Company agrees otherwise in writing. Please note that these terms and conditions are updated from time to time. Together with any terms accepted by the Company in connection with an order, these Conditions constitute the entire agreement between the Company and the Customer in relation to the Supplies ordered. No variation to these Conditions is permitted unless expressly authorised in writing by a director of the Company.
Pricing and Payment
Payments can be made by Visa, MasterCard and Maestro cards. You can also pay by BACS Transfer prior to delivery. All goods must be paid for in full prior to dispatch from our warehouse. Due to fluctuations in exchange rates, we do not accept payment made by credit or debit cards from foreign banks. If your billing address and delivery address differ, we may need to validate the information provided with our identity verification partner. You may be contacted if additional information is required. This will help to protect both you and us against fraudulent transactions.
All prices and products quoted are subject to alteration or withdrawal without notice. All Prices include VAT and standard UK mainland delivery unless otherwise stated. VAT is charged at the point where a transaction or service is completed. Any variation in the VAT rate will be re-calculated at the tax point.
A Customer wishing to open a credit account must furnish such information as may be requested by the Company and the Company may make a search with a credit reference agency. The Company reserves the right in its absolute discretion to grant, refuse or discontinue any credit facilities or reduce or suspend any credit limit at any time.
All products are subject to availability and may be changed at any time. If your order cannot be fulfilled you will be offered an alternative or given a full refund. If an order is received for a discontinued product we will automatically provide you with the up-to-date equivalent, providing it is available and the same price as the discontinued model. If this is not the case we will contact you.
Save as set out below, the Company will use all reasonable endeavours to despatch Goods ordered before 6pm Monday to Friday or 5pm on Saturdays on the same day. Such deliveries are usually offered free of charge but may be subject to the handling charges referred to in condition 6 above. The Company reserves the right generally to change its policy on charges for delivery (including imposing charges on orders not yet placed and accepted by the Company) at any time and to pass on any fuel surcharges imposed on it. The Company reserves the right to levy a delivery and/or handling charge in the amount notified to the Customer prior to despatch for delivery of heavy or bulky items. For urgent deliveries the Company offers a special next day delivery service, the details and cost of which are referred to in condition 6 above. The Customer may request delivery or performance by instalments for up to 12 months from the date of order. The Company reserves the right to deliver or perform by instalments. Failure to meet a delivery or performance date where deliveries or performance are by instalment shall not prevent or restrict the Company from making further deliveries or rendering subsequent performance under the relevant Contract by instalment.Delivery will be made to the address specified by the Customer. The Company may use any method of delivery available to it. The Company will use reasonable endeavours to meet delivery and/or performance estimates but, except as set out in 8 below, in no circumstances shall it be liable to compensate the Customer for non-delivery, non-performance or late delivery or performance. Time for delivery and/or performance will not be of the essence.The Company reserves the right to delay despatch for a number of reasons, including to perform any necessary credit or anti-fraud checks or procedures or to ensure that payment has been received in cleared funds in full. Where despatch is delayed for such reasons the Company will use reasonable endeavours to inform the Customer.
Inspection, defects and non delivery
The Customer must inspect the Supplies as soon as is reasonably practicable after delivery or, in the case of Services, performance and, except as set out in Conditions 10 and 15 below, the Company shall not be liable for any defect in the Supplies unless written notice is given to the Company within 10 days of such date. The Company does not write software comprised in the Goods and it is the Customer’s responsibility to check for the presence of computer viruses before the Goods are used. The quantity of any consignment of Goods, as recorded by the Company upon despatch from the Company’s place of business, shall be conclusive evidence of the quantity received by the Customer on delivery, unless the Customer can provide conclusive evidence to the contrary. The Company will not be liable for any non-delivery of Goods or non-performance of Services unless written notice is given to the Company within 5 days of the date when Goods should have been delivered or the Services performed in the ordinary course of events. Subject to 16(i) below, any liability of the Company for non-delivery or non performance or for Goods notified as defective on delivery or Services notified as defective following performance in accordance with this Condition 8 will be limited to replacing the Goods or re-performing the Services within a reasonable time or to refunding the price then paid in respect of such Supplies.
1. Damaged and Faulty Goods
We will supply products that are in conformance with this contract and nothing in these terms will affect your legal rights. If you discover that the products which you have received are faulty, you should notify us immediately. You have the right to a full refund if a fault is discovered within 30 days of delivery.
Any visible damage should be reported to our customer service department within a reasonable period. We may request photographic evidence to support your claim.
Cancellations and Returns Policy
You are entitled to cancel your contract if you so wish, provided that you exercise your right no longer than 14 days after the day on which you receive the goods. Your right to return products does not apply to goods made to your specification that have been clearly personalised such as a door change. If you wish to exercise your right of cancellation, you are obliged to retain possession of the goods and take reasonable care of them. Any business-to-business transaction is excluded from the cancellation and returns terms.
A collection/distribution fee for the cost of returning the goods will apply. The fee will vary based on the size of the appliance.
- Under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013, you have the right to cancel your order within 14 days after receipt of the products, without giving a reason. You may use the Model Cancellation Form attached at the Schedule to these terms (which you can send to us by email or post to the address above) but you do not have to.
- You have the choice of returning smaller products via your own means (at your own cost to Low Cost appliances or larger products, requesting that we collect them. We will charge you the direct cost to us of collection, which is £69 per item for washing machine size products, or £149 for range cookers and americans. We may however choose to reduce the collection charge if you are purchasing another product from us.
- You have a duty of care while the products are in your possession and we reserve the right to charge you for any damage that may have occurred during this period.
- We reserve the right to apply re-handling charges for returned items under some circumstances:
- The products received back are 'as new' but incomplete; i.e. missing components and/or accessories.
- Any other handling including installation of the products which has diminished the value of the products e.g. damage or wear and tear. If we refund you the price paid before we are able to inspect the products and later discover you have handled them in an unacceptable way, you must pay us an appropriate amount.
- We will make any refunds due to you as soon as possible and within 14 days of the cancellation date.
1. Accuracy of Product Information
All product information shown on the website is believed to be correct and accurate from the source material (i.e. manufacturer's documentation). However we regret that we cannot be held responsible for any errors or omissions.
2. Manufacturer Guarantees and Extended Warranties
- All items carry a minimum 12 months parts and labour guarantee issued by the manufacturer which is subject to provisions that the appliance:
- Has been used solely for domestic purposes and is on domestic premises; i.e. not for commercial or trade use.
- Has been used solely in accordance with the instruction book.
- Has not been subject to misuse, accident, modified or repaired by anyone other than the manufacturer's service engineers.
- Any appliance which has a guarantee over 12 months must be registered within 28 days of receipt to qualify for any additional years' cover
- We offer extended 5 year warranties which cover parts and labour which can be purchased through the website or over the telephone.
- These are underwritten by UK General Insurance Services and administered by Corporate Support Solutions.
- Please refer to the warranty terms and conditions for further information.
Low Cost Appliances reserves the right to limit the quantities sold at this Site and may at its own discretion, limit or cancel quantities ordered through this Site. Should such action occur, notification shall be sent to the e-mail and/or billing address provided by the User.
We take all complaints very seriously. If you have a cause for complaint then please write to us at the address shown below. Complaint email: Sales@lowcostappliances.com
Summary of Delivery Charges
Please note that a £30.00 re-delivery charge may be applied if our courier/delivery driver attempts to make a delivery to your address and no one is home. If delivery has to be re-arranged it must be done by contacting low cost appliances before 5.00pm on the day before expected delivery All items and delivery times are subject to stock availability and delivery to a UK mainland address.
£34.99 per item
Re-delivery (Americans/range cookers)
£59.99 per item
£79.99 per item
Cancellation (Americans/range cookers)
£139.99 per item
We will acknowledge your order and confirm availability by e-mail as soon as possible. Acceptance of your order and the completion of the contract between you and us will take place when the goods are despatched, unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order or that you have cancelled it.
The products sold on our websites have been designed to comply with all relevant UK legislation. We cannot warrant or represent that they comply with any legal requirement outside of the UK. All products are covered by a minimum of 12 months UK Manufacturer’s warranty. However, certain manufacturers offer varying parts & labour warranties subject to the customer registering their purchase with the manufacturer.